The Corvus Defensio Enhanced Release Button makes reloading faster and more reliable. When you go for limit (stress caused by competition or combat, wetness, numb or cold fingers, darkness, and so on) faulty operations with the original magazine release may happen. Your thumb could slip aside because of the original releases’ outwardly curved form or you even might not be able to push the button far enough inside the housing because your thumb was not right in the center of it. The issue of the original part is, that the release of the magazine happens just when the button is already sunk in the case. The design of the Corvus Defensio replacement part prevents those situations reliably, thus ensuring a faster and more reliable magazine change.
- Mountable instead of the original magazine release
- Suitable for Steyr AUG
- For faster and more reliable release of the magazine at reloading drills
- Larger contact surface for the thumb
- Inwardly curved shape with corrugated surface to prevent slippage of thumb
- Protrudes about 5 mm more from the housing than the original magazine holder resulting in greater leverage. Great for individuals with shorter fingers.
- Wide surface for a better and more reliable accessibility
- Tunneled inlet for guiding magazine
- Made of hard-anodized aluminum 7075
- Length: 45 mm, Width: 33 mm, Height: 28 mm
- Weight: 19 g
- Remove original release button by opening and knocking out the bolt (bolt can be reused).
- Insert original spring in the Corvus Defensio Enhanced Release Button and fix it with mounting pin.
- Put the Enhanced Release Button in the AUG housing and knock in the mounting pin bolt with the original one.
- Bolt can be used with glue (e.g. Loctite) for better safety
- Do not over-tighten the screw! Otherwise the release button can no longer be moved.
- The magazine-side surface of the release button can be treated with silicone spray.