The Corvus Defensio M-Lok Forward Accessory Rail revolutionizes the Steyr Aug’s mounting options. Very simply it replaces the original folding front grip and enables the mounting of a variety of accessories directly to the M-Lok interface (e.g. front grips, bipods, etc.). Direct mounting reduces weight and bulk, but if you want to use common Picatinny mounts, you can attach the Corvus Defensio 17-Slot or 4-Slot M-Lok-Picatinny accessory rail sections to the Corvus Defensio Accessory Rail.
• Replaces the original folding front grip.
• Suitable for the Steyr AUG.
• Suitable for attachment of M-Lok or Picatinny interface accessories.
• Mounts with two enclosed grub screws.
• Multi Modular Accessory Platform: 7-Slot Picatinny on top, 2 M-Lok slots on left and right sides, 3 M-Lok slots on the bottom.
• Made of hard anodized 7075 aluminum.
• Length: 128 mm (5”) Width: 14,5 mm (0.57”) Height: 34,5 mm (1.35”).
• Extremely low weight of only 61 grams (2.1 oz) due to the skeletal structure.
• Dismount original front grip.
• Apply thread locker to the grub screws and tighten until they flush with the rail.
• Attach the rail to the final mounting position on the barrel and insert the retaining bolt.
• Alternately tighten the grub screws until the rail is firmly seated.
Note: When tightening the grub screws, pay attention to the alignment of the rail to the barrel. It should be parallel.
For detailed instructions with pictures click here.