The Corvus Defensio Keymod Forward Accessory Rail short revolutionizes the Steyr Aug’s mounting options. Very simply it replaces the original folding front grip and enables the mounting of a variety of accessories directly to the Keymod interface (e.g. front grips, bipods, etc.). Direct mounting reduces weight and bulk, but if you want to use common Picatinny mounts, you can attach the Corvus Defensio 15-Slot or 4-Slot Keymod-Picatinny accessory rail sections to the Corvus Defensio Accessory Rail.
• Replaces the original folding front grip.
• Suitable for the Steyr AUG.
• Suitable for attachment of Keymod or Picatinny interface accessories.
• Mounts with two enclosed grub screws.
• Multi Modular Accessory Platform: 4-Slot Picatinny on top, 4 Keymod keyholes on left and right sides, 5 Keymod keyholes on the bottom.
• Made of hard anodized 7075 aluminum.
• Length: 106mm (4.17”) Width: 15,5 mm (0.61”) Height: 21 mm (0.83”).
• Extremely low weight of only 46 grams (1,6 oz) due to the skeletal structure.
• Dismount original front grip.
• Apply thread locker to the grub screws and tighten until they flush with the rail.
• Attach the rail to the final mounting position on the barrel and insert the retaining bolt.
• Alternately tighten the grub screws until the rail is firmly seated.
Note: When tightening the grub screws, pay attention to the alignment of the rail to the barrel. It should be parallel.
For detailed instructions with pictures click here.