For the first time ever, the Corvus Defensio AUG M1 MLOK handguard offers the possibility for AUG M1 as well as for AUG A3 owners that the weapon – like AR15 models – can be held around the barrel. This way of grabbing the rifle and holding it with the support hand almost completely extended is currently very popular. As this grip is said to be particularly suitable for quick target transitions. The special feature of the Corvus Defensio hand guard is that it allows the barrel to swing completely free and that it retains its fast removal and installation characteristics. This has a positive effect on the precision, because the barrel is subject neither to pressure nor to tension applied via any handle.
Using a – replaceable if necessary – gas pressure protection plate, the Corvus Defensio hand guard can be touched at any point during shooting. The hot gas emerging from the gas cylinder laterally under high pressure does not cause any burns or pressure injuries to the support hand. Due to the special shape, the escaping gases are not directed into the face of the shooter. Due to sufficient distance to the barrel, the hand guard can still be grasped without gloves even after several magazines have been fired (Note: This, of course, has it’s limits!).
The Corvus Defensio M1 hand guard consists of two half shells, a connecting part and the gas pressure protection plate. It is screwed on as an accessory to the front MLOK mounting slots of the new Corvus Defensio Extended M1/SE Receiver Rail . The original vertical grip, or other rails must be removed from the barrel. The hand guard offers mounting options for MLOK accessories at 3 o’clock, 4,5 o’clock, 6 o’clock, 7,5 o’clock, 9 o’clock and 10,5 o’clock. The Corvus Defensio 17 Slot MLOK Picatinny Rail can be mounted at the 6 o’clock position to match the distance and height of mounting the Corvus Defensio Forward Accessory Rail.
- Wrap around hand protection for the AUG M1/SE and the AUG A3 with the respective Corvus Defensio MLOK Receiver Rails
- All around safe to touch during shooting
- Let’s the barrel swing freely
- Barrel can be removed and installed without modification
- Support hand and face are safely protected by the integrated and replaceable gas pressure protection plate
Only suitable for the AUG M1/SE in combination with the Corvus Defensio Extended M1/SE Receiver Rail (available individually or as a bundle)
Weight: 205g (7,2 oz)
Material: 7075 Aluminium hard anodized, heat shield made from steel
- Mount the Corvus Defensio Extended M1/SE Receiver Rail to the AUG M1/SE receiver as shown in the assembly instructions
- Screw on the gas pressure protection plate on the right half of the hand guard viewed in the direction of firing (be sure to use threadlocker!)
- Screw right and left half of the hand guard with MLOK nuts into the front area of the Corvus Defensio Extended M1/SE Receiver Rail. Again make sure you use at least medium threadlocker!
- Connect both hand guard halves in the lower area (6 o’clock position) with the connecting part and the screws provided. Again, it is recommended to use medium threadlocker.